Meet Michael- NO! We don't have another kid, just a turtle!

Will found him on the road back in May. We were on our way to visit Granny and Grandad and will swerved just before we pulled into their driveway. I looked at him like he was crazy and said, "why did you do that?". He said you didn't see it? Then he got out of the car, picked something up out of the road and got back in the car with his fist closed. Of course Emily is in the back seat saying what is it daddy? Let me see, let me see!
So he tells her she can see it when we get inside...BUT WE ARE NOT KEEPING IT. Sure, that sounds like a great plan. Stop and pick up some living creature, show it to your two year old daughter and expect her not to keep it. I just smiled. So we got inside and in his hand was the tiniest turtle I have ever seen! It was just barely bigger than a quarter. Emily feel in love.
Well, as you probably guessed we still have that turtle now known as "Michael". And this is his new house. For the first couple of weeks he stayed in a little Pyrex dish that had some dirt and grass. I guess he upgraded a bit. Will is still adamant that it is my fault we now have a turtle and a big hobby of keeping up with a live terrarium habitat for him and his roommates (had to get some lizards from Petsmart). I admit I did ask Emily as she was holding him at Granny and Grandads what his name was. Maybe that didn't help. But WHO PICKED up the TURTLE???
1 comment:
Baby turtles are so cute. How did Will see that if it was so small? I totally would have missed it.
Mindi :)
Post a Comment