Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can I call you that?

This is just a short cute Emily story from a few weeks ago. We had been playing outside and she said she needed to go to the potty. It was one of those times she really wanted help (that normally she does not need or want). So I went inside to help her out and when we were all done she gave me HUGE hug (it was really sweet). But then she said "I love you, owner". What?!?!?! I thought surely I misheard her. I'm sure I had a strange look on my face, because she squinted her eyes at me and said, "Can I call you that?" I said "call me what"? Yep, I was right the first time she said it again "owner". I said "no, i would really rather you not call me that". She said "please I want to call you my owner". I said, "I really prefer Mommy". She said it a few more times that evening, but luckily has not mentioned it since. Hopefully next time it pops into her head we won't be in public. Can you imagine what bystanders would think if they heard Emily calling me "owner"?? I just don't know where she comes up with this stuff.

1 comment:

jmholloway said...

How random is that?

Mindi